Florence Scovel - Order took forever, wrong items sent, they were not as described
I made a purchase at Florence Scovel after seeing a Facebook ad that advertised a semicolon bracelet for which half of the purchase price would be donated to a mental health charity. So I purchased that bracelet and 2 other items.
The order was part of a Mother's Day sale. It's now 2 weeks after Mother's Day and over 3 weeks after I made the purchase, and it just arrived.
The bracelet is enormous. It's pretty but despite the fact that I have large hands, it will fall off if I wear it.
I also bought a "Silver Overlay Black Diamond Accent Paw Pendant"...which turned out to be bumpy aluminum painted black. There aren't even fake stones to represent the black diamonds. It's just bad paint! It claims the original price of that item was $99 (I got it on sale, thank goodness).
I'd love to tell you what the third item was like, but I didn't get it. I got a second giant semicolon bracelet, instead.
When I didn't receive my order in time, I tried contacting customer service via email (the only contact info provided on the site). It took 5 business days (7 days) to receive a reply. Since I paid through PayPal, I was able to find a phone number for the company. Nobody answered the phone and the voicemail was full. That said, someone called me back a few moments later saying "someone called here"...once I figured out that they were actually representing the company, I provided my order number and they said they would re-send the order.
Now that I have the wrong order, I'm frustrated that I'm going to have to try to contact them again. I would never recommend this company or any of its products. I feel like I've been scammed.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- That i feel like i was scammed
- That it took forever to get my order
- That florence scovel is impossible to reach
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- partial refund for missing item and for item not as described. I will keep the item that is as described but that I don't like. I don't mind paying for that.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Black Diamond Paw Pendant
- Florence Scovel Accent Paw Pendant
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "To whom it may concern, We have been in business for over 25 years and take pride in our excellent customer service and high Quality products. The Customer purchased an..."
- "I ordered Aquamarine earrings from Jared. They were shown in a brilliant Aquamarine color (see photo). What they sent was clear glass (see photo). Not even a hint..."
- "I placed an order and received an email that it was shipped on 12/7. Problem is IT WAS ONLY A SHIPPING LABEL. It NEVER shipped. I am disgusted by this..."
- "Was googling for a sterling silver photo locket to go with my chain and came across picturesongold.com. I ordered the sterling silver dog tag locket with two color laser photos..."
- "Very unhappy about this. I tried to call a US number to a company that I sometimes deal with. I have called them many times before to order items when..."
- "The top has a seam running double down the left side and sticking out. The top is not wearable and is so cheaply made that I'm sure Zulily must be..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."