I made a purchase at Florence Scovel after seeing a Facebook ad that advertised a semicolon bracelet for which half of the purchase price would be donated to a mental health charity. So I purchased that bracelet and 2 other items.
The order was part of a Mother's Day sale. It's now 2 weeks after Mother's Day and over 3 weeks after I made the purchase, and it just arrived.
The bracelet is enormous. It's pretty but despite the fact that I have large hands, it will fall off if I wear it.
I also bought a "Silver Overlay Black Diamond Accent Paw Pendant"...which turned out to be bumpy aluminum painted black. There aren't even fake stones to represent the black diamonds. It's just bad paint! It claims the original price of that item was $99 (I got it on sale, thank goodness).
I'd love to tell you what the third item was like, but I didn't get it. I got a second giant semicolon bracelet, instead.
When I didn't receive my order in time, I tried contacting customer service via email (the only contact info provided on the site). It took 5 business days (7 days) to receive a reply. Since I paid through PayPal, I was able to find a phone number for the company. Nobody answered the phone and the voicemail was full. That said, someone called me back a few moments later saying "someone called here"...once I figured out that they were actually representing the company, I provided my order number and they said they would re-send the order.
Now that I have the wrong order, I'm frustrated that I'm going to have to try to contact them again. I would never recommend this company or any of its products. I feel like I've been scammed.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- That i feel like i was scammed
- That it took forever to get my order
- That florence scovel is impossible to reach
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- partial refund for missing item and for item not as described. I will keep the item that is as described but that I don't like. I don't mind paying for that.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Black Diamond Paw Pendant
- Florence Scovel Accent Paw Pendant
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "1st purchase was a Gucci scarf tote $550. Messaged seller numerous times with no response, was told by Tradesy all they could do was wait to hear from them. Then..."
- "I am a very upset customer I brought this ring in Feb 2016 for my wedding June 2016 and I didn't wear it till my wedding day. I loved..."
- "I must sayI was very excited about my handbag my husband had purchased for me Christmas 2009, it was the Tivoli GM and it was gorgeous and roomy. June 2012..."
- "I bought the maytag bravos xl washer and matching dryer at our local brick store about 3 years ago and what a piece of junk it turned out to be.garmets..."
- "All the zippers on your jeans and shorts have caused small holes in all my shirts after sitting. I have to make sure when I sit that the shirt is..."
- "Approx 2 years ago, we went into Schut Brick Stone Landscape on Mount Pleasant Street in Branford and inquired on a front step railing. The company dispatched someone out..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."