Florence Scovel - Ordered vintage leather wrap watch, received cheap plastic ***
I fell for the lovely vintage leather wrap watch, reduced from £24.99 to £4.99. plus £3.75 p&p. Total £8.74.
'IN STOCK, fast delivery 2-4 days' 'Money back guarantee.'
But time passed and no watch arrived.
I emailed and they said it was on back order, they would send it in a few weeks.
I emailed - bought as a gift, I had to buy an alternative gift - please cancel order, refund my money.
They ignored my emails.
Eventually the horrible thing arrived.
Didn't resemble their photo
Didn't resemble vintage leather - it looked like lurid green cheap plastic and very badly made - IN CHINA.
This was never reduced from £24.99.
This was made to sell at a couple of quid and the price bumped up to £4.99.
And the high price for p&p - it arrived in a cheap envelope and was only coming from Manchester..................
I applied for money back, through Paypal, was told to return it to an address in Canada, by courier, and supply tracking number.
Well, obviously that would cost way more than the thing was worth.
Florence Scovel emailed to return it to Manchester, and supply tracking details.
At this point I took leave of my senses - and threw good money after bad.
It cost me another £1.84 to send it back to Manchester with a tracking number.
When I had proof of delivery I emailed, asking for my refund.
They ignored my emails.
The watch was probably already on its way out to their next victim (waiting for back order, LOL)
I phoned Paypal.
Paypal agreed it was shoddy practise, agreed to refund me. Told me Florence Scoval would get a black mark against their account.
Finally I got a PARTIAL refund, of £4.99, NOTHING back for the p&p or the return postage, so I am still out of pocket by £5.59
More Review Details
What I liked
- Look of goods on website
What I disliked
- Quality of merchandise
- Ignored complaint
- Poor quality poor service
- Reason of review:
- ALL of the above
- Product or service
- Leather Wrap Watch
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Dec 2013, fell in love with ring advertised by Kay Jewelers on tv. Purchased the ring. Long story short.....Kay jewelers replaced diamond that fell out. Since I live over..."
- "Ordered the "The Magic Of Mickey Mouse" Diamonesk Embrace Ring at the beginning of December for my daughter for Christmas . When it got close to Christmas, wondering where my..."
- "I wish I had searched for reviews BEFORE making my purchase. Their product quality is pathetic. I paid $20 for a cat-face watch. Once received, it passes for..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "I just got a Sony MDR-XB400 Extra Bass Over the Ear Headphones Black but the product is not look exactly like it should be in Lazada' page...."
- "Free samples only postage to pay it said£3.99 month later I was minus £209.77 from bank. I'm a pensioner..."
- "I bought a Micheal Kors' bag through this site on 29th november. On 29th december I received this email from them (from this address: firstname.lastname@example.org): _______________________________________________________ Dear sarah goncalves, Thank you so much for..."