I fell for the lovely vintage leather wrap watch, reduced from £24.99 to £4.99. plus £3.75 p&p. Total £8.74.
'IN STOCK, fast delivery 2-4 days' 'Money back guarantee.'
But time passed and no watch arrived.
I emailed and they said it was on back order, they would send it in a few weeks.
I emailed - bought as a gift, I had to buy an alternative gift - please cancel order, refund my money.
They ignored my emails.
Eventually the horrible thing arrived.
Didn't resemble their photo
Didn't resemble vintage leather - it looked like lurid green cheap plastic and very badly made - IN CHINA.
This was never reduced from £24.99.
This was made to sell at a couple of quid and the price bumped up to £4.99.
And the high price for p&p - it arrived in a cheap envelope and was only coming from Manchester..................
I applied for money back, through Paypal, was told to return it to an address in Canada, by courier, and supply tracking number.
Well, obviously that would cost way more than the thing was worth.
Florence Scovel emailed to return it to Manchester, and supply tracking details.
At this point I took leave of my senses - and threw good money after bad.
It cost me another £1.84 to send it back to Manchester with a tracking number.
When I had proof of delivery I emailed, asking for my refund.
They ignored my emails.
The watch was probably already on its way out to their next victim (waiting for back order, LOL)
I phoned Paypal.
Paypal agreed it was shoddy practise, agreed to refund me. Told me Florence Scoval would get a black mark against their account.
Finally I got a PARTIAL refund, of £4.99, NOTHING back for the p&p or the return postage, so I am still out of pocket by £5.59
More Review Details
What I liked
- Look of goods on website
What I disliked
- Quality of merchandise
- Ignored complaint
- Poor quality poor service
- Reason of review:
- ALL of the above
- Product or service
- Leather Wrap Watch
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "OK, so I'm fully aware that this stuff is costume jewelry and shouldn't be expected to last forever. That being said, my $90(!) bracelet started tarnishing after a month. Lost..."
- "I received an OO for my birthday in February. I received a necklace (it has the little beads...looks like what they wear when wearing dog tags) and a locket with..."
- "I purchased (2) Mens neckchains 1- 10k Gold and 1- Silver (2) Mens bracelets 1- 10k and 1- Silver all of which I found out to be not what I..."
- "Lauren Fine should be investigated by the Cape Law Society for conduct unbecoming off a attorney. I would not employ her 'legal' or "personal" services or those of her partners!..."
- "Goldsworthys Hairdressing Salon, Swindon, Wiltshire, UK . . . . . . The owner of this salon was a family friend for over 30 years and my hairdresser for over..."
- "Dreamr Scam In Manchester are nothing but a scam outfit. We have developed this site, to prevent them from carrying out any further scam operations. They operate on Bridge Street,..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "Around Sept 30, 2015, I started Roca Labs. The picture on the right was April 22, 2015, the one on the left was March 16, 2016. The regimen was the..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."