Florence Scovel - Ordered vintage leather wrap watch, received cheap plastic ***
I fell for the lovely vintage leather wrap watch, reduced from £24.99 to £4.99. plus £3.75 p&p. Total £8.74.
'IN STOCK, fast delivery 2-4 days' 'Money back guarantee.'
But time passed and no watch arrived.
I emailed and they said it was on back order, they would send it in a few weeks.
I emailed - bought as a gift, I had to buy an alternative gift - please cancel order, refund my money.
They ignored my emails.
Eventually the horrible thing arrived.
Didn't resemble their photo
Didn't resemble vintage leather - it looked like lurid green cheap plastic and very badly made - IN CHINA.
This was never reduced from £24.99.
This was made to sell at a couple of quid and the price bumped up to £4.99.
And the high price for p&p - it arrived in a cheap envelope and was only coming from Manchester..................
I applied for money back, through Paypal, was told to return it to an address in Canada, by courier, and supply tracking number.
Well, obviously that would cost way more than the thing was worth.
Florence Scovel emailed to return it to Manchester, and supply tracking details.
At this point I took leave of my senses - and threw good money after bad.
It cost me another £1.84 to send it back to Manchester with a tracking number.
When I had proof of delivery I emailed, asking for my refund.
They ignored my emails.
The watch was probably already on its way out to their next victim (waiting for back order, LOL)
I phoned Paypal.
Paypal agreed it was shoddy practise, agreed to refund me. Told me Florence Scoval would get a black mark against their account.
Finally I got a PARTIAL refund, of £4.99, NOTHING back for the p&p or the return postage, so I am still out of pocket by £5.59
More Review Details
What I liked
- Look of goods on website
What I disliked
- Quality of merchandise
- Ignored complaint
- Poor quality poor service
- Reason of review:
- ALL of the above
- Product or service
- Leather Wrap Watch
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "I made a purchase at Florence Scovel after seeing a Facebook ad that advertised a semicolon bracelet for which half of the purchase price would be donated to a mental..."
- "I had ordered the Red, White and Blue bracelet from their website. It was to be a gift to a friend from The Netherlands that lives here in the..."
- " I ordered several tear drop pendants and a pair of crystal owl earrings silver blue. i sent this 2 or 3 times: Hello... my name is Debra..."
- "Free samples only postage to pay it said£3.99 month later I was minus £209.77 from bank. I'm a pensioner..."
- "URL :- https://www.google.co.in/search?sclient=psy-ab&biw=1280&bih=639&noj=1&q=phoenix+Apparels+Tirupur+fraud+company&oq=phoenix+Apparels+Tirupur+fraud+company&gs_l=serp.3...29827.39942.1.46718.104.22.168.0.0.0.441.2967.4-7.7.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..10.4.1721.TyxXy64MXYg SITE URL :-http://phoenix-apparels.pissedconsumer.com/phoenix-apparels-tirupur-fraud-company-20111108273615.html On the complaint of one KarthikaPriyadharshini, W/o SelvarajManikandan, Door, No, 53/37, Saravana Street, Avinasi Road, Tiruppur, the case cited in the above reference was..."
- "I brought a upart wig off Alliexpress, first time using the site it was recommened by a friend... Once I received my cap I was right away disappointed... It was..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."